The GC Index joins TM Forum’s Partner Network
The GC Index® has joined TM Forum’s Partner Network to help it deliver TM Forum’s Digital Maturity Model (DMM) – a tool that allows communications service providers (CSPs) to assess their digital maturity and plan their digital transformation across their entire organisation.
The model is the only industry-agreed model and has been endorsed by leading Communications Service Providers including BT, China Mobile, China Telecom, China Unicom, Orange, PCCW Global and Vodafone.
As core services become commoditized, CSPs are desperately searching for new digital services and revenues in order to grow. To realise the opportunity, CSPs must completely transform traditional business and operating models, cultures and infrastructures. In a recent survey conducted by TM Forum, 54 percent of CSPs revealed that their previous attempts at transformation had been unsuccessful, highlighting the urgent need for a robust methodology to help leaders guide and manage change on an enterprise-wide basis.
Nathan Ott, CEO of The GC Index®,
“For organisations to be successful in their digital transformation they need a framework and language for their people that is simple, effective, and outcome driven. It needs to be scaleable, reliable and adaptable but most importantly it needs to align everybody to make an impact on the digital transformation journey. That framework is The Digital Maturity Model.
“The GC Index® fits perfectly into this framework, providing a language to help align people to the new Digital Maturity Model, which will support organisations in achieving successful digital transformation. It helps leaders develop a talent management framework, which will support organisational transformation and is fit for purpose in today’s agile world.”
Nik Willetts, CEO, TM Forum says,
“In order to survive and thrive in the digital market, service providers are embarking on complex and demanding digital transformation journeys. To be successful, these transformation programmes require much more than embracing new technologies or ways to interact with our customers – they demand strong leadership and holistic transformation of the entire business, fundamentally redefining how the business operates. The launch of the Digital Maturity Model is an example of our transformation mantra and showcases how TM Forum is taking our members on the journey, providing the tools, guidance and expertise to drive successful digital transformation.”
TM Forum’s DMM considers maturity across five key dimensions, each containing an extensive set of sub-dimensions, questions and metrics to assess digital maturity across the business. Accessed through an easy-to-use App, TM Forum members can assess their digital maturity across every department and rapidly identify areas for action unique to their businesses. The Dimensions and definitions for the model are:
– Customer: Providing an experience where customers view the organisation as their digital partner using their preferred channels of interaction to control their connected future online and offline
– Strategy: Focuses on how the business operates or transforms to increase its competitive advantage through digital initiatives which are embedded within the overall business strategy
– Technology: Underpins the success of digital strategy by helping to create, process, store, secure and exchange data to meet the needs of customers at low cost and low overheads
– Operations: Executing and evolving processes and tasks by utilising digital technologies to drive strategic management and enhance business efficiency and effectiveness
– Culture, People and Organisation: Defining and developing an organisational culture with governance and talent processes to support progress along the digital maturity curve and the flexibility to achieve growth and innovation objectives
By asking stakeholders across an entire organisation to assess the company’s maturity in each of these areas, CSPs can identify where improvement is needed and where investment priorities lie. The model has the flexibility to account for differences in CSPs’ visions, strategies and business imperatives, and can be applied to help develop a roadmap to guide their digital transformation journey.
Additional details about TM Forum’s Digital Maturity model can be found at www.tmforum.org/dmm.